IRS FORM 1099-MISC & 1099-NEC

Submit Payee Information to Prepare 1099 Forms

We are here to assist you with your 1099 reporting. If you need to file 1099 forms with the IRS, you may submit the information here or upload it to your portal. You can also email us at

Information is needed by Friday, January 14, 2022.

Form 1099-NEC (Nonemployee Compensation)

If the following four conditions are met, you must generally report a payment as NEC:

  • You made the payment to someone who is not your employee.
  • You made the payment for services in the course of your trade or business.
  • You made the payment to an individual, partnership, estate, or, in some cases, a corporation.
  • You made payments to the payee of at least $600 during the year.

Form 1099-MISC

File Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person in the course of your business to whom you have paid the following during the year:

  • At least $10 in royalties
  • At least $600 in:
    1. Rents
    2. Prizes and awards
    3. Other income payments
    4. The cash paid from a contract to an individual, partnership, or estate
    5. Any fishing boat proceeds
    6. Medical and health care payments
    7. Crop insurance proceeds
    8. Payments to an attorney
    9. Section 409A deferrals
    10. Nonqualified deferred compensation
  • You must also file Form 1099-MISC for each person from whom you have withheld any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.

*Do not include payments made by credit card. (There are more obscure payments. Please refer to for more information.)

What if I do not have all of the information needed?

Send Form W-9 to anyone that you think may need to receive a 1099. The payee’s response will dictate if a 1099 is required. Download form W-9 here.

Payees that are limited liability companies (LLCs) need to be sent Form W-9 in order to determine their tax classification. (LLC is not a tax classification. IRS tax classifications are: sole proprietor, partnership or corporation for tax purposes.)